The Appendipity team is growing! We’re entering into an exciting stage of growth at Appendipity, and this is a great opportunity for the right person to join a fast growing company.
Note: this position starts as a half-time role and may expand from there. Please read on for the full details.
Your responsibility on the team will be Customer Support Specialist.
This is a customer-focused role. You’ll be interacting with Appendipity members via email every day to provide the support they need to get the most benefit possible from their Appendipity themes.
You may know and have interacted with our current Lead Support Specialist, Janice. She’s been with us for over a year. She is also an App Themer (customer). We believe in hiring from within.
You’ll eventually be taking over her role as Lead Support Specialist. Janice’s role is expanding but she’ll be here to train and assist you as our newest team member, and this new position will report directly to Joey Kissimmee, our CEO.
We aim to delight customers, and you’re going to lead the charge. You’re going to provide such incredible customer support that our members won’t be able to stop talking about it or you!
You thrive on ending each interaction with both you and the customer smiling, even when the customer is tough to handle or frustrated to begin with.
This position goes way beyond just answering support requests. It’s a big part of our most important company-wide goal: to make sure our customers are having the best user experience possible and build a site they’re truly proud of.
We don’t expect you to build the sites for our members. You’ll be more of a guide in helping them with minor little things they may be stuck on.
You’ll become intimately familiar with Appendipity resources so you can onboard and guide our members through all Appendipity has to offer.
Here are some of the kinds of things you’ll do every week:
- Respond to between 10 and 20 customer support emails per week.
- Interact with members offering helpful suggestions about how Appendipity themes, resources, and features can be used.
- You’ll suggest and implement ideas for making all of our members more satisfied.
- Be the team’s primary eyes and ears within the Appendipity community.
- Curate the most interesting and useful suggestions and ideas from our members.
- Interact with Appendipity over social media, and post updates about new things happening within Appendipity.
- Attend, coordinate and schedule our weekly Appendipity Office Hours webinars.
To be successful in this role, you need to love talking with app themers, primarily through writing.
You have to be a great writer and communicator, with clear, concise, and friendly answers and you have to be quick.
You’ll pride yourself on responding to people so quickly that they’re floored and appreciative.
We have a STRICT 24 hour reply period for all support emails.
Appendipity is a special company with a very flexible, fun and supportive working environment. We prefer someone based in Orlando, FL for this role, but we’re also open to hiring the best person for this job, no matter where they live.
If you want to join Appendipity as an important and early member of the Appendipity family, please apply.
Here are some of the Required Experience:
- Complete understanding of the WordPress platform and its functions.
- Experienced in building and using any and all Appendipity Themes
- Understanding of WordPress best practices
- Ability to be creative and contribute based on your own merit
- Experienced in building WordPress themes/plugins
- Experienced in designing WordPress themes
- Photoshop Experience
- CSS Experience
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining:
- Why you want to work as a Customer Support specialist.
- Why you want to work for Appendipity, and not somewhere else.
- A description of a customer support experience you had recently that really stood out.
Then, please answer 3 of the following questions, just like you would if you had this position:
- I’m thinking about buying one of your podcast themes, but I want to make sure there isn’t a contract or ongoing obligation. Can I cancel anytime?
- I noticed I have to buy this Genesis Framework in addition to your theme. What is Genesis and why do I need to buy it?
- I can’t seem to get the audio player to show up on the homepage. Can you give me some suggestions on how to fix the problem?
- I finally finished setting up my podcast site and about ready to launch, and I’d love you to take a look at it and let me know what you think!
- How customizable are your podcast themes?
Getting to Know Each Other
This is a small team and everyone on the team has to wear a lot of hats.
To make sure Appendipity is the right fit for you, and vice-versa, this role will start out as a half-time position and grow from there if we’re both smitten.
Starting salary is dependent on experience. Please include your salary requirements with the application.
Email everything to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Customer Support Specialist” in the subject line. If you attach a resume, please send it as a PDF file.
Feel free to get creative with your application, but make sure you’ve followed all of the rules mentioned here.
One last important thing:
We support entrepreneurs in this business, but we’re not looking for an entrepreneur in this role. We’re looking for someone who wants to join our team and stick with us for the long term.
We want someone with a passion for learning new things and improving what you do. This is a job for someone who is dedicated to customer support and success.
We look forward to hearing from you!