We are very happy to announce that all of our themes are now using the Genesis HTML5 Markup. If you are wondering what HTML5 Markup is, please read this post About Genesis 2.0 and What is HTML5 Markup.
So if you have purchased one of our themes or are a Premium Member, make sure to go and download the updated version of your theme on the downloads page.
Directions for updating Appendipity Themes via FTP
- Open your FTP
- find your domain in the public_html directory(folder)
- open the wp-content folder and then the themes folder
- find your theme folder, it will be the name of the theme you purchased
- delete the entire theme folder, not the themes folder, but the actual theme folder, if you have podcast theme, it will be called podcast and so on with the other themes
- now unzip the updated version of your theme and upload the whole thing into the themes folder
- once it is done, you are ready to go
Directions for updating Appendipity Themes via the WordPress Theme Uploader
- Go into your Dashboard
- Got to Appearance > Themes and deactivate your current theme, just activate Genesis until finished uploading the new theme
- After deactivating your theme, delete it
- Once finished, click on the Install Themes tab and click Upload from the menu
- Upload your updated version and activate it
- You must leave the theme in a zip folder in order to upload this way
I hope this helps all of our members to make the transition to HTML5.
We are always updating our themes to keep up with the ever changing internet, so if you have any ideas for themes, please let us know. Also, if you see any bugs with any of our themes, please bring it to our attention so we can fix it. We do a lot of testing on every theme, but bugs still do slip through the cracks on occasion.