In this tutorial I’m going to show you how to edit the footer credits of your blog which you can do in all Appendipity and StudioPress themes.
This is the simplest way to customize your footer credits without going into your coding and messing things up.
The theme I showcase here may be different than your theme, however the setup and steps apply to all Appendipity themes.
Step 1: Upload & Activate the Genesis Simple Edits Plugin
- Hover over the Plugins tab
- Click on Add New tab
- Type in Genesis Simple Edits and click the Search Plugins button
- Click on Install Now
- Click the OK button
- On the next page click on Activate Plugin
Step 2: Edit your Footer Credits
- Hover over the Genesis tab
- Click on Simple Edits
- Copy and Paste the code below in the Footer Output section
- Edit the your links and link names
- When done editing Check off the Modify Entire Footer Text box
- Click Save Settings button
Copy and Paste this code:
<p>© 2016 <a href="Your Main Blog Link">Name of Blog</a> · Powered by <a href="Your Affiliate Link" target="_self">Appendipity</a> · <a href="Your Link Here">Link Name</a> · <a href="Your Link Here">Link Name</a> · <a href="Your Link Here">Link Name</a> </p> </div>
You can add any links to your footer credits. Keep in mind that space is limited so you can’t go crazy adding tons of links.
You can get your affiliate referral link over at the Affiliates page.
Recommended links to add to your footer:
- Terms of Service
- Resource page
- Contact page