We’ve been doing some major renovations to all Podcast themes.
With the latest and recent addition to the new Appendipity Framework (available only to Pro Themes), we’ve realized that our older Podcast themes needed serious updating.
Specifically to the Appendipity Optin and button widgets. Along with a few house cleaning bugs here and there.
IMPORTANT NOTE 1: Make sure you follow these instructions before updating your theme: http://www.appendipity.com/update-theme-new-version/
IMPORTANT NOTE 2: After you update your theme, please be sure to follow the steps below as these new features will change your current settings if you’re using the Appendipity Optin and Appendipity Buttons widgets.
Below are all the steps you need to take after updating your Podcast theme.
Themes that Require Update and Reset:
- Maron Theme
- PinterCast Theme
- PlayCast Theme
- Podcast Theme
- SoundCast theme
Appendipity Optin Widget Update:
We merged both Appendipity Sidebar and Footer optin widgets. You no longer need both of them.
You now have and need just one optin widget that will work pretty much any where you place it in your Appendipity theme.
We also added a color wheel so that you can choose any color you want.
Steps: Go into all your Appendipity Optin widgets and edit as needed.
- Hover over Appearance tab and click on the Widgets tabs
- [optional] Choose optin form widget background and button color in each Appendipity Optin widget you are using
- Click save when done
Steps: Must replace old Appendipity Footer Optin widget, with new Appendipity Optin Widget.
- Hover over Appearance and click on Widgets tab
- Drag and drop Appendipity Optin widget to Footer Optin box
- Click the Appendipity Optin tab to open and Enter all necessary info on fields
- Click save when done
Appendipity Category Options:
Prior to this update you were limited and forced to have only one category to showcase your podcast show on the homepage. AND you had to name it “podcast”.
Not any more. You now have the option to name it whatever you want and choose whatever category to showcase on the homepage.
You’re still limited to only one category on the homepage.
- Hover over Genesis tab and Click on Appendipity Settings tab
- Click to open scroll bar and choose your desired Podcast category
- Click Save when done
Another minor bug fix when changing themes
When installing new theme or switching themes your images sometimes don’t fit or aren’t proportionately sized.
We fixed that and with the help of the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin it makes it super easy to do.
Follow the steps below if you’re installing our themes for the first time or switching from one Appendipity theme to another.
- Install new Appendipity theme
- Install Regenerate Thumbnails plugin and activate it [download here]
- Hover over tools and click Regen Thumbnails tab
- Click Regenerate All Thumbnails button
- That’s it!
That’s it. All images should look and be proportionately sized to fit your new theme. This only has to be done once. You can actually deactivate and delete plugin afterwards.
It’s IMPORTANT and VITAL that you update your themes to the latest version. This will ensure tight security and that your theme runs as smoothly as possible.