Below you’ll find the most current release notes of the changes and/or upgrades made to your theme.
NOTE: If you have made any changes directly to files in the /genesis/ folder or any of the Appendipity themes function.php files, upgrading will overwrite these changes. Therefore, we recommend that you NEVER make changes this way.
Alternatively, use the CSS in the child theme folder to make stylistic modifications, and use the proper PHP files in the child theme folder, along with the Genesis Hook system, to make functional/output modifications.
Using the Automatic Upgrader
- Click the “upgrade now” link in the update notification at the top your your dashboard page.
- When theme is updated successfully, click the “Click here to complete the upgrade” link to finalize your theme update.
- That’s it!
- Before you upgrade anything, make sure you have backup copies of your child theme.
- Delete the old genesis folder from your wp-content/themes directory
- Unzip and upload the new genesis folder to your wp-content/themes directory
- Log into the dashboard to complete the upgrade process.