Podcast Pro Theme Release Notes
Version 3.5 – 1/22/17
- Added preg_replace to all mp3 outputs to strip any un-needed query strings, libsyn now adds query string to all links
- Updated CSS for Smart Podcast Player compatibility
Version 3.4 – 8/07/16
- Added auto enclosure function to prevent feed issues
Version 3.3 – 7/27/16
- Removed save post function and optimized audio players to work better with Blubrry, Simple Podcast Press and Smart Podcast Player
Version 3.2 – 5/7/16
- Replaced excessive query which was causing sites with large number of posts to timeout
- Added save post function to replace excessive query
- No longer show defaults in Appendipity Options
- Updated Appendipity FB page link in Appendipity Options
- Changed Aweber Listname to Aweber Unique List ID to reflect current Aweber website
- Added Infusionsoft option to Optin Widgets (Big thanks to Jonathan Harrell at http://creativetechshop.com/ for the code)
- Added ConvertKit option to Optin Widgets
- Added new Name and Email fields to Appendipity Optin Widget
Version 3.1 – 8/11/15
- Fixed bug in the updater script that was causing error in Lead Pages Connector plugin
Version 3.0 – 6/20/15
- Added auto embed feature for single post audio players
Version 2.9 – 5/29/15
- Fixed LeadPages Sticky jQuery interfering with sticky posts
- Fixed error in LeadPages Sticky jQuery interfering with other jQuery, particularly with Gravity Forms using conditional logic
- Fixed bug when using Genesis Simple Sidebars plugin, plugin was always adding Primary Sidebar on the home page template, even when Homepage Sidebar was active
Version 2.8 – 5/8/15
- Fixed feed so media files are always included, one page refresh will update all posts with “podcast” custom field
- Fixed undefined variable $spp_podcast, only an issue when using Simple Podcast Press plugin
Version 2.7 – 4/18/15
- Added LeadPages JS field back into the Appendipity Button
- Added New Main Player Post Title Link color option
- Added StumbleUpon share button
- Fixed minor CSS bugs
- Fixed minor bugs in widgets, text was being stripped when “” were used in text input
Version 2.6 – 3/26/15
- Added improved compatibility with Simple Podcast Press plugin. You are now able to use both SPP and Appendipity audio players
- Added new audio player option – Blog and Archive Players Enable/Disable. Gives you the option to use Simple Podcast Press players on blog and archive pages, instead of the Appendipity players.
Version 2.5 – 3/19/15
- Fixed bug in Above Post Banner, Blubrry and other plugins were sometimes adding content to the Above Post Banner and the content area.
Version 2.4 – 3/14/15
Version 2.3 – 3/13/15
- Added new Appendipity – LeadPages Sticky widget
- Removed LeadPages JS field from Appendipity Button widget, Appendipity – LeadPages Sticky widget replaces this feature
Version 2.2 – 1/19/15
Version 2.2 is part bug fixes and part new features.
The following are specific changes made in this theme.
- Fixed bug with Message Bar and Header settings conflict
- Added “What’s New” page to show what has been updated/changed after upgrading
Version 2.1 – 12/30/14
- Improved integration with Blubrry – added mp4 support
- Added option to turn single post main player on or off, sitewide and on a per post basis.
- Removed header from landing page template
- Made post info editable with Genesis Simple Edits
- Added option to turn post meta on or off
Version 2.0 – 12/22/14
- Fixed audio player styling for Powerpress Blubrry 6.0 update
- Fixed audio player styling for WP 4.1 update, but kept compatibility with previous versions of WP
- Added increased functionality and compatibility with Blubrry PowerPress Plugin
- Added padding to Disqus Plugin comments section
- Added Message Bar Link Color Option
- Added Option to add smaller Header image in Primary Header
- Fixed Related Posts and Prev/Next placement issues when using Disqus plugin
- Fixed Message Bar center alignment bug
- Fixed undefined_index ‘extended_valid_elements’ in TinyMCE
- Fixed Related Post bug, showing more posts than selected
- Fixed Appendipity Optin widget tab index bug
- Updated Featured Guests to work when not using all fields
- Updated the Options Framework
- Changed home page template from front-page.php to home.php to allow for static home page
- Added widget-home.php widgetized template
- Fixed 2 bugs in the theme updater process
- Fixed 2 Undefined variable errors on the single player
- Added min-height to the related posts thumbnails li
- Generally cleaned up style.css
- First public release
- Added automatic theme updates
- Improved settings framework
- Updated settings framework
- Installed settings framework
NOTE: If you have made any changes directly to files in the /podcastpro/ folder or any of the Appendipity themes function.php files, upgrading will overwrite these changes. Therefore, we recommend that you NEVER make changes this way.
Alternatively, use the Custom CSS section in Appendipity Options to make stylistic modifications.
Using the Automatic Upgrader
- Click the “upgrade now” link in the update notification at the top your your dashboard page.
- Confirm the upgrade.
- After the new version is installed, click the link to complete the upgrade.
- All done!
- Before you upgrade anything, make sure you have backup copies of your child theme.
- Delete the old podcastpro folder from your wp-content/themes directory
- Unzip and upload the new podcastpro folder to your wp-content/themes directory
- Log into the dashboard to complete the upgrade process.