Thank you for choosing Appendipity as your source for Premium WordPress Themes and selecting the Showcase theme. Following are the instructions for setting up your site to resemble the theme demo.
If you have any questions or trouble with the setup, please post them in the comments below.
You may wish to have the theme demo open for reference while setting up your theme. The setup documentation for this theme has been broken down into the following sections:
Theme Setup Tutorials
- Pre-Installation Setup
- How to Install Your Genesis Framework
- How to Install Your Appendipity Theme
- How to Setup Your Home Page & Edit the Home Bars
- How to Edit your Footer Credits
- How to Change the Background Color
Signature Features Setup Tutorials
- How to Activate and Edit the Message Bar
- How to Edit the Message Bar Within a Single Post
- How to Add your Social Icons Menu
- How to Activate and Edit your Above Post Banner
- How to Edit the Above Post Banner Within a Single Post
- How to Add & Use a Shadowbox Feature
- How to Add & Use an Audio Player Feature
- How to Add & Use Like and Share box in your posts & pages
- How to Activate & Setup the Sidebar and Footer Optin Box
- How to Activate & Edit the Previous, Next, & Related Post Features
Compatibility: Make sure you have the following installed:
- Hosting [If you don’t have hosting yet, we highly recommend Bluehost as a solution]
- WordPress version 3.6+
- Genesis Framework version 2.0+
- A current version of your theme [download it here]
How to Install Your Genesis Framework
Click here to get your copy of the Genesis Framework.
How to Install Your Appendipity Theme
How to Setup Your Home Page & Edit the Home Bars
Signature Features Setup
Below are the Signature Features tutorials which are available to all Appendipity Themes. The theme I showcase in the videos may be different than your theme, however the setup is the same in all Appendipity themes.
How to Activate and Edit the Message Bar
How to Edit the Message Bar Within a Single Post
How to Add your Social Icons Menu
These are the shortcodes for the social icons. You need to use these in order for the icons to show in the menu.
How to Activate and Edit your Above Post Banner
Above Post Banner Within a Single Post
How to Add & Use the Shadowbox Feature
How to Add & Use the Audio Player Feature
How to Add & Use the Like and Share box in your posts & pages
Questions or Suggestions?
If you have any questions or suggestions, please post them in the comments below.