In this tutorial you’ll learn how to activate, deactivate, and edit your Previous, Next, and Related post features.
You’ll be able to add your own custom images, custom title text, turn them on or off, and even link your Coming Soon feature to a page of your choice.
The coming soon feature shows up on your last and most recent published post. Normally there’s a “Next” image to redirect them to the following article. But since it’s the last published article, there’s no where else to send them.
Now you can redirect them to a signup or subscription page where they can subscribe to receive your next published content.
The following is a complete guide to edit and customize this feature.
- Hover over the Genesis tab
- Click on “Your” Theme Settings (depending on your theme, it may say, Pintercast settings, Podcast Theme Settings, etc.)
- Hover over and click on the Prev/Next and Related Posts tab
- Check to activate or uncheck to deactivate Prev/Next Post feature (by default it’s activated)
- Check to activate or uncheck to deactivate Related Post feature (by default it’s activated)
- [Optional] For each feature you can edit the Title text, add your own custom image, and a custom redirect for the Coming Soon feature
- Click Save Settings
Here’s a visual step by step:
Make sure to save your settings every time you edit anything here. If you want to go back to the original settings just click on Reset Settings button and this feature will be set to default settings.
If your blog is brand new and has little to no published articles, it’s probably a good idea to deactivate the Related Post feature. At least till you get a few articles published.
Any Questions or Suggestions?
If you have any questions, feedback, troubles, or suggestions please post them in the comments below.